Thursday, October 19, 2006

They'll be here any time. Today Brad's family is coming for a visit. We are both excited. Brad more than me, of course. It is funny though, how it makes me wish it were my family. It is funny how one minute you can be fine, the next you want to cry because the loss of a loved one is so great. After two and half years you would think I'd be done with crying. But no! As I think of the fact that my dad will never visit me here, never see the children Brad and I hope to have, never go hiking with us at the Garden of the Gods, I can't help but cry. Sunday would've been his 54th birth day. I am glad the day will be a busy one, so I do not have to dwell on how much I miss him. We will be having a youth aftermath at our house after the evening service. I am also singing in the evening service. I know dad would've loved Colorado. But the Lord had other plans. I just have to trust that in time, He will heal my heart.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

You would have to live in Colorado for a few years before Dad would have made it out to visit. If he had made it out to visit you, he would not have gone hiking with you. :-) Maybe driving. He would have loved the scenery.

I was wanting to ask him about some things the other day, and it was a very frustrating feeling. In that situation, my first thought was, "My dad knows all about this kind of stuff." The sorrow is less sharp now, but still constant. It has become less something that I go through and more of who I am. But my trust in the sovereignty of God is more complete than it has ever been before. Despite our occasionally wonderings about the "why" of God's timing, I really believe that His way was better for us.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hey Beth, thanks for stopping by our blog. We love CO! Maybe someday God will allow us to live there...but for now, it's MI for us. :-)

I can't imagine your feelings about your dad. I'll be praying.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home