Sunday, May 13, 2007

My first Mother's Day

Well, it was kind of strange getting Mother's Day cards, flowers, and gifts.... I think Heath knew it was Mother's Day b/c he's been extra active all day. He moved so much in Sunday School while Brad was speaking that I let the teen girl beside me feel my tummy and he kicked her! She was so shocked! Brad looked up right then and was so sad he missed it. Heath always sits still whenever his daddy puts his hands on my belly. Brad thinks that he's already being obedient....I'm not so sure! I got a pretty robe that I had been wanting forever from Heath and Brad. It is wonderful, and will come in handy when I'm in the hospital.

Strange to think that this day last year began our candidating week here at Mesa Hills. Now, exactly one year later we are living here and celebrating Mother's Day as expectant parents. It is amazing how the Lord works and blesses. We have been married for 9 months, and only have 3 and half more months until our son is born....... God has been very good to us. I wouldn't want my first Mother's Day to be any different. It is perfect...

5 Comments:

Blogger Leah C said...

Take another picture of you and Heath and post it for those of us who can't see you! A picture of Brad would be nice too!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congatulations on your first mother's day! they only get better. i was thinking this was my first mother's day but as i read your post i remembered that i had just found out the week before last mother's day that i was pregnant. this is such an exciting stage in our lives. new babies, new ministries, still somewhat new husbands. so many ways to see our great God love and provide.

and just a thought. i know how exciting it can be to get something to wear in the hospital, but if you don't want to risk ruining it you might want to wait until you get home. anything worn those first few days is fair game for destruction. : ( but maybe that was just me. check around.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Leah C said...

I'm in agreement with Michelle on wearing nice stuff to the hospital, but you do want to look somewhat presentable for visitors...even though you will feel like you look terrible. :O) Oh such happy times, I assume you can sense the sarcasm.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Aaron used to do that, too - be still for Daddy. It was hilarious. He'd be in there moving around like crazy and then Michael would go to touch him and he'd stop.

I have to say I agree about hospital gear. Take a zip up sweatshirt or something and just throw it on over the hospital gown so you feel covered and presentable for visitors. I also bought a pair of cotton pj's on clearance and didn't care if they got "ruined." I was pretty glad that I had them, as we were in the hospital for 4 days. Hopefully you won't be there for that long!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Kristin Cunningham said...

Hey!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has myspace, facebook, and a blog!!! Although I really don't write anything profound on my blog, it's more for pictures!! Check it out!!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home