Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Belated Christmas Gift





This past Saturday, December 29, Brad and I received our best Christmas gift yet... a positive pregancy test. That's right! A baby. We were surprised (to say the least), but so excited! I have been pretty sick, but it's worth it, I'm told. I can't button my jeans and today had to buy some with an elastic waistband! I've purged my wardrobe of things I won't be able to wear here in a few weeks. It is very sad to see all the clothes I won't wear for 9 month, but the ladies in our church have already begun to bring me maternity clothes they've had in storage. It's great! Brad has already begun talking to my tummy, even though the baby is the just the size of an orange seed. He wants a girl and keeps talking to "her". If she is a girl, she'll be MacKenzie Grace Schubert. If he's a boy, he'll be Heath Michael Schubert. I don't care what the baby is, just as long as he or she is healthy.

Our snow was beautiful. We only got about 8 inches, although others in the city got up to 2 feet! Brad kept the walks clear by shoveling every hour. He had so much fun! Just like a kid!


7 Comments:

Blogger Leah C said...

Woo Hoo! I've been wanting to be an aunt. You two will be great parents, unless you decide to keep the blinds in the house. Just kidding. love you both!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Dave & Heather said...

Hi Beth,
This is Heather Locke (Lane). I was one of Zaneta's roommates. I don't know if you remember me, but I just wanted to say congratulations! David and I are expecting our little guy anyday now! I am actually due on the 12th. I know the feeling about being sick. Not fun, but well worth it. I hope things go well.
God bless,
Heather Locke

5:40 PM  
Blogger Cummings Family said...

Wow, congratulations!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

wow, congrats, Beth! you're gonna love being a mommy!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Nate Mihelis said...

Congratulations guys! Dawn and I have absolutely loved every moment of being parents and I'm sure you guys will too!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

I'm excited about being an aunt again, too! Still having to adjust my brain around the idea of you and Brad having kids, but very excited. Also, can Brad come over and shovel for me, too, next time it snows.
Love you both.

3:09 PM  
Blogger christina said...

wow, i am way behind....but very cool!!!! how exciting.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home